Discussion about Edsel Car restoration projects. This is not an all out engine section. Discuss whatever is of concern to your MEL car restoration project.
Mechanical parts are not too bad to locate. The junior series (Ranger and Pacer models) 58 Edsels share most mechanical parts with 57-58 Fords. The senior series (Corsair and Citation) share most mechanical parts with 57-58 Mercurys, so they're a little harder to locate. So far, I really haven't found any mechanical parts that I couldn't find replacements for. Body parts are a different story. You have to find good used or NOS. Weatherstripping is easy to find for the junior series, a little tougher to find for the senior series. SMS Uphosltery in Calif. reproduces all the interior materials. It's best to start with the nicest car you can find, prior to restoring one. Thanks for your interest.
- Staff Sergeant
- Posts: 158
- Joined: Sat 27. Dec 2008, 02:13
- Gender: male
- Music instruments you're playing: '81 Gibson Les Paul Custom through a Fender Blues Junior!
- Location: The Netherlands
To a sixties Continental owner that doesn't sound bad at all Bob. To sixties Mustang, T-bird or Chevy owners it's another story of course (oh how I envy them for the availability & prices of parts).
I haven't been on here for a while. Here are some more recent photos of my restoration:
- Primered body
- IMG_2289.jpg (15.09 KiB) Viewed 5149 times
- First application of sanding primer
- IMG_2288.jpg (15.06 KiB) Viewed 5149 times
- Outer body sanded to the original paint or bare metal
- IMG_2278.jpg (19.78 KiB) Viewed 5149 times
- All NOS gauges installed in instrument pod
- IMG_2205.jpg (20.71 KiB) Viewed 5149 times
- Dash installed in the car, now we're making some progress!!
- IMG_2196_2.jpg (20.48 KiB) Viewed 5149 times
- Instrument pod attached and ready for installation into the car
- IMG_2195.jpg (14.28 KiB) Viewed 5149 times
- Painted the dash out on the driveway
- IMG_2036.jpg (36.04 KiB) Viewed 5149 times
Here's a good closeup shot of the NOS gauges:
- Nos Gauges.....Lots of $$$$$$
- IMG_2164.jpg (20.02 KiB) Viewed 5149 times
- Gauges installed
- IMG_2210_2.jpg (18.86 KiB) Viewed 5149 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest