Mojave Mile 2011

Talk about your race activities no matter what brand and type of vehicle.
Shelby#18
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Music instruments you're playing: none

Mojave Mile 2011

Post by Shelby#18 » Thu 5. May 2011, 15:39

As some of you know I own two Ford GTX1's that I do speed events with. Last month was the Mojave Mile at the Mojave Air & Space port. I was hoping to put up a photo of the car on the airstrip but with only four runs that day I'm not sure anyone took any of me.
Like an idiot I put the keys down on the lip of the trunk while emptying it for tech inspection that morning. The wind came from just the right direction and strong enough to close the trunk. My keys were in it. I know now that getting a Ford GT key cut is about a 6 hour torture ordeal. It took three dealerships, and almost 200 miles to get it done. :roll:
But after all of that I did manage to do this......
DSCN6297.JPG
I did this with the Tungsten Twin Turbo. I'm hoping for better luck next time, and a higher top speed. ;)

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mojave Mile 2011

Post by Theo » Fri 6. May 2011, 02:25

Wow, that's a remarcable speed Rick. So all the key hassle was worth it I guess. As far as I remember your GT is just stock without any roll cages and other security stuff?
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Shelby#18
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Music instruments you're playing: none

Post by Shelby#18 » Fri 6. May 2011, 10:11

Theo, It does have an aluminum billet in the W panel behind the driver. I did have to wear / have all sorts of fire / safety wardrobe for this event. Here is a photo of the car at the Texas Mile event from the year before.
IMG_5082.JPG.jpeg

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Theo » Sun 8. May 2011, 10:53

Great looking car. I assume you might be a few miles/hr faster with the roof installed.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Return to “Racetalk”