My 62 Lincoln Continental

Discussion about Lincoln
Car restoration projects. This is not an all out engine section. Discuss whatever is of concern to your MEL car restoration project.
NicSanford
Airman First Class
Airman First Class
Music instruments you're playing: Keys, Saxophone, Clarinet, Drums, Bass

Re: My 62 Lincoln Continental

Post by NicSanford » Mon 27. Jun 2011, 17:40

JUST GOT MY NEW BRAKE HOSES!! Been waiting about 2 weeks on these, so VERY excited to hook them up and get the brakes fixed. Will be on my way out tomorrow to disconnected the trailer switch, and hook these baby's up. WOOHOO!! ;-)

NicSanford
Airman First Class
Airman First Class

Post by NicSanford » Mon 11. Jul 2011, 00:42

This weekend I got around to bleeding my brakes and installing the new brake hoses to find that the wheel cylinders were completely corroded and rusted stuck. I called NAPA, and to my suprise, the rear wheel cylinders were $8.69 each and in stock, and fronts were $25 each and would come in the next morning. So I pick up the rear wheel cylinders and install them, and pick up the fronts then next day. After installing the front right, I remove the wheel and drum to install the left front, to find that they gave me 2 front rights. They said it wouldn't be til Tuesday for them to get the right part.

Finding that the fronts have been replaced before, they seemed in descent enough shape to wake up by bleeding them through, and after bleeding all four with my dad I'm happy to say that I was able to take her for a cruise down the block and back with good enough brake pressure to stop. Although the brakes engage pretty close to the floor, I'm sure they'll be alright when we get the last wheel cylinder installed. I'm also happy that the brake booster is doing it's job.

Unfortunately in the process I found that my radiator has 2 very small leaks, and the hoses need to be completely replaced. Once I get the radiator fixed, brakes rebled, and the exhaust installed, I'll finally be able to cruise for the summer in good style. Not in tip top shape yet, but getting there...

NicSanford
Airman First Class
Airman First Class

Post by NicSanford » Wed 6. Jun 2012, 03:27

I missed you guys. Digging into this motor, and need some help I don't know if I can get over at The Lincoln Forums. Since the last time I was here, my car has been sitting for about 6 months due to a divorce. It was quite dirty from sitting in the Oregon rain, but will clean up nice. I've since had a remanufactured version of the original exhaust installed, even though the exhaust company got it wrong. I'm waiting on some new pipes for them to fix their mistake, then I'll get it registered on the 11th. So much has happened, but I'm glad to be getting back to it. Hope all is well with everybody here...

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Theo » Wed 6. Jun 2012, 09:50

Divorce, eh. I feel for you. It can only get better.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Return to “Lincoln Cars Restoration Projects”