1965 Lincoln 12V Power Wiper Motor

Discussion about Lincoln
Car restoration projects. This is not an all out engine section. Discuss whatever is of concern to your MEL car restoration project.
Wowcars
Airman
Airman
Music instruments you're playing: Radio

1965 Lincoln 12V Power Wiper Motor

Post by Wowcars » Mon 15. Mar 2010, 17:33

Just a heads up for anyone wanting or needing to convert their hydraulic Wipers to Electric. I needed to do this with a custom project we have in the shop since the car is getting a modern Lincoln (I know, I would have preferred to keep the 462, but customer's always right!) I contacted Newport Engineering to see if they had this application. They didn't but told me to send them the motor and after a few weeks, they built two 12V units. One for me, one to keep for future orders. They don't have it listed anywhere, but they should be able to help you if you want to change this over. They also have wiring to adapt to the factory switches.

http://newportwipers.com/

reijerlincoln
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Music instruments you're playing: '81 Gibson Les Paul Custom through a Fender Blues Junior!

Re: 1965 Lincoln 12V Power Wiper Motor

Post by reijerlincoln » Tue 16. Mar 2010, 10:50

Thanks for the tip. I'm keeping my stock system but it's nice to know an easy conversion is out there.

pinesd3400
Airman basic
Music instruments you're playing: Hammond B3

Post by pinesd3400 » Thu 11. Nov 2010, 03:16

I dont know about going electric but my mother bought a new black 61 4dr and that was the best wiper set up on the
planet. I loved how slow or fast they will go. Ronnie Baker has all that stuff in Conn.

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Theo » Thu 11. Nov 2010, 07:25

The 61 T-Bird had hydr. wipers. They were prone to leaking hoses and drawing air into the system. They switched to electric in 62. Pretty loud. Too loud IMO.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

liszabailey
Airman basic

Post by liszabailey » Thu 3. Feb 2011, 19:10

Wowcars wrote:Just a heads up for anyone wanting or needing to convert their hydraulic Wipers to Electric. I needed to do this with a custom project we have in the shop since the car is getting a modern Lincoln (I know, I would have preferred to keep the 462, but customer's always right!) I contacted Newport Engineering to see if they had this application. They didn't but told me to send them the motor and after a few weeks, they built two 12V units. One for me, one to keep for future orders. They don't have it listed anywhere, but they should be able to help you if you want to change this over. They also have wiring to adapt to the factory switches.

http://newportwipers.com/
Hi i know this is an old thread but would you mind if i ask if you have the power wiper motor and as how i understand on your post it is your project? well I'm an engineering student want to know the components of the machine...

Return to “Lincoln Cars Restoration Projects”