MEL noobbie here from north GA

Feel free to introduce yourself. No obligation off course, but a nice way to get known to you a little. It's allways good to know your first name. Jeff or John sounds better than, "hey linc58prm2_1......"
tuneport67ss
Airman basic

MEL noobbie here from north GA

Post by tuneport67ss » Sun 27. Feb 2011, 10:12

Hi my name is Brad. I have been restoring and working on cars since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I recently baught a 61 Lincoln that I pretty much stole. :) I am going to build a old school cruiser out of it for me and the family to enjoy. I have always been a chevrolet man, but have always loved the early 60s lincolns. I plan on pulling the motor and putting all new gaskets and a clean up on it. The car is running now, but I would like to add a 4bbl and possibly a small cam while I'm in it. Any advise you guys have on things to look for will be greatly welcomed. I look forward to picking your guys brains and even adding my own knowledge as needed. Thanks for providing a great forum for information on these non main stream engines and related stuff.

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: MEL noobbie here from north GA

Post by Theo » Sun 27. Feb 2011, 16:16

Hey Brad, welcome and thanks for joining the troops. I'm sure you'll find good info on aftermarket parts within the various sections of this board. I'm not good in keeping threads and parts on top of my head. I'm the warden and caretaker so to speak . I keep the bulbs burning and once in a while I might be able to contribute a little MEL knowledge. There are others with great experience on MEL who are happy to chime in. Be prepared that things might go slow sometimes. But it's worth the wait. We're curious to see your project going as the progression goes on. Photos are always appreciated too.
Have fun.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: MEL noobbie here from north GA

Post by Theo » Sun 27. Feb 2011, 16:26

Best regards
Theo
Admin