63 for fun in the sun

Feel free to introduce yourself. No obligation off course, but a nice way to get known to you a little. It's allways good to know your first name. Jeff or John sounds better than, "hey linc58prm2_1......"
moneypit
Airman basic
Music instruments you're playing: none

63 for fun in the sun

Post by moneypit » Wed 17. Mar 2010, 11:56

Hi my name is Richard Hudnut I started a preservation and restoration project on a 1963 Lincoln Continental convertible that had ben badly neglected and much abused in April of 09. My son purchased the car in 1999 it was transported out to northern Calif. from Ohio and he started working on rebuilding the engine and tranie 10 years ago. But it had set in his garage un finished for all these years collecting dust she just looked so sad, then I had this great idea lets make it go and so it started I had the work done at King Pin Hot rods in San Jose the shop is rely a two guy garage, and the skillful level of workmanship and level of knowledge is old school they started with the mechanical safety of the car and what was old and un safe was re built or re placed. At this time with the weather improving and the hills and valleys turning emerald green with the top down it is a real joy to cruz the back roads of the Santa Clara Valley. There are other issues like rusted spots on the body, paint and a new top that will be addressed next fall and winter. I thank my son for starting this project back in the day who new what a joy it would be to cruz this lovely lady in white. 10 miles to the gallon enjoy.
Regards Richard Hudnut

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 63 for fun in the sun

Post by Theo » Wed 17. Mar 2010, 12:43

Welcome to the forum Richard. It's good to see nice cars getting polled out of the dust and back to beauty in style and cruise.
Enjoy
Best regards
Theo
Admin

reijerlincoln
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Music instruments you're playing: '81 Gibson Les Paul Custom through a Fender Blues Junior!

Re: 63 for fun in the sun

Post by reijerlincoln » Thu 18. Mar 2010, 09:22

Welcome to the forum Richard. How about showing us a few photos of your '63?

cheers,
Reijer

Return to “Introduce Yourself and Show us Your Ride”