My name is Bryan

Feel free to introduce yourself. No obligation off course, but a nice way to get known to you a little. It's allways good to know your first name. Jeff or John sounds better than, "hey linc58prm2_1......"
66stinkinlincoln
Airman basic

My name is Bryan

Post by 66stinkinlincoln » Sat 28. Mar 2009, 07:33

Hi everyone,

My name is Bryan and I am from Portland, Oregon. I am 28 and have loved cars ever since I can remember. My garage is getting pretty full. I have 2 daily drivers a 06 WRX and an 81 Ford truck. My collectors are a 67 Camaro which is in pieces and last year a 66 Continental. The Continental is in rough shape. Most things were there but alot wasn't. I bought the car sight unseen. The next weekend it was going to the junkyard (I couldn't let that happen). 300 bucks later it was mine.
I currently have the 462 at the machine shop. A good friend of mine owns a small shop. He is really excited about the 462. It was in really rough shape. Sitting almost 30 years without heads and an oil pan will cause that. The heads have been completely worked over with new seats, guides, valves and springs. The motor has been bored .030. It will be receiving a RV style cam. Not sure what the specs are on that but I should be able to get a little extra torque out her.
Suspension on the car has been worked over. I have replaced all of the rubber bushings everywhere. That was not cheap, but I want the car to ride like it did when it rolled off the showroom.
Currently I am cleaning up the engine bay and painting it. Once that is done I can roll the car out so I can reassemble the motor. Any tips on motor ideas would be much appreciated.

I look forward to learning more about these motors!

Thanks

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My name is Bryan

Post by Theo » Wed 16. Dec 2009, 10:39

Hey Brian, I just found your introduction in the middle of s.o. elses intro. So here you go after I plit it from the other post.
Here's my late welcome. Hope to see you dropping in once in a while
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Return to “Introduce Yourself and Show us Your Ride”