HIGH-RISER new to forum............

Feel free to introduce yourself. No obligation off course, but a nice way to get known to you a little. It's allways good to know your first name. Jeff or John sounds better than, "hey linc58prm2_1......"
HIGH-RISER
Airman basic
Music instruments you're playing: not a damn thing, no talent but I listen good

HIGH-RISER new to forum............

Post by HIGH-RISER » Sun 11. Oct 2009, 18:23

hello all, and to you too Theo. I have not been around the internet in years, and lost contact with you. I do frequent the FE forum and am known as HIGH-RISER. I have to catch up on the MEL stuff, as it has been a long time since I have touched one. I never was too involved with them like other engines, but the two that stand out were quite memorable. I redid one of President Kennedy's cars about 1977. I remember it was a 430 with about 110,000 mles on it. It was so perfect, it did not need bored, and had about .003 taper/wear at the very top ring. The crank did not need polished, but of course I had to. The other was a 430 blown Gasser 1940 Ford coupe. Crower rods, Scott injection, and lots of things I just cant remember. Made cross bolt caps, and experimented with port filling, but it just escapes me, and thats not very normal. I do want to know if there is anyone who knows Teresa, (mechanic) at LincolnLand, as I was friends with her while living in Clearwater, any contact info would be appreciated. Theo, I wish I had the photo's you sent me long ago. Yesterday was the "Hunert Car Pile up" in Morris Illinois and you should look into it. I thought about your involvement and the pics with the Rat-Rods in Germany's airstrips all day. Well good to know this site exists and looking forward to more, thanks. Kevin Powers PS, Had a Telecaster for a while, just couldnt do it justice

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: HIGH-RISER new to forum............

Post by Theo » Mon 12. Oct 2009, 13:57

KEVIN!!!!!! Man, I can't believe it. Thank you so much for getting back in touch with us. I tried to mail you a few times within the last couple of years, did get a mail from some friend of yours instead.
Tjerk, has contacted me asking for you just a few days ago. I haven't corresponded with him since years too. Just let me know if you need his actual e-mail address. Yeah the ol FE International Chapter eh? ;)
The MEL engine is a challenge. You don't rebuild them every day and you may forget the details after a while. My last MEL rebuild is at least 5 or 6 years ago. What really bothers me is that I forgot how the head gaskets are laid out and in which direction they are placed especially regarding the water channels. There was a participant asking for this info and I just couldn't remember.
I'm using a photo of one of the Kennedy Lincolns in this forum's revolving header. It's a pic that shows Kennedy with Germany's president Adenauer's during his visit in Berlin.
site-logo-32.png
Yeah, the Hot Rod races,...I'll have to create a web album with that stuff one day. And yes a Tele is a cool piece of Americana that sounds as pure and sweet as ol' V8 iron. The real thing.
52TeleOriginalOner.jpg
This world is so small and and surprisingly magic.
Kevin lemme aks you 3 questions:
1. How many citizens does the U.S. have?
2. How big is the chance that s.o. from the other side of the Atlantic whome you've never ever met in person will know some person that you're researching for in the U.S.?
3. Are you talking about this Lady?
DSC00035web.jpg
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Return to “Introduce Yourself and Show us Your Ride”