First Lincoln!

Feel free to introduce yourself. No obligation off course, but a nice way to get known to you a little. It's allways good to know your first name. Jeff or John sounds better than, "hey linc58prm2_1......"
mellow_utah
Airman basic
Music instruments you're playing: NADA

First Lincoln!

Post by mellow_utah » Mon 21. Sep 2009, 17:41

Hello All,
My name is Marshall, I just got my first lincoln. It is a 1966 2-door hardtop with a 462 under the hood... In the past I have always been interested in 1970 and 71 torinos. I have a built 460 in the garage looking to find one for a home infact. I found this lincoln and just had to have it I figure it will be the cruiser and the torino(when i find one) can be my drag car. I am excited about this forum and am sure I will be looking to it often for help haha...
lincoln1.jpg
I have attached a couple of pics
Attachments
lincoln2.jpg

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: First Lincoln!

Post by Theo » Tue 22. Sep 2009, 00:16

Welcome to the forum Marshall, nice car and good intro. You happened to meat a small community that appreciates every single participant. Answers don't come fast sometimes as this is normal in a small community environement but I'm sure we can share some good info.
Have fun
Best regards
Theo
Admin

reijerlincoln
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Music instruments you're playing: '81 Gibson Les Paul Custom through a Fender Blues Junior!

Post by reijerlincoln » Wed 23. Sep 2009, 02:23

Welcome Marshall,

It looks like a nice driver. Is there much work to do on it?

Cheers,
Reijer

mellow_utah
Airman basic
Music instruments you're playing: NADA

Post by mellow_utah » Fri 25. Sep 2009, 16:45

Actually it has about 100k on the car it runs pretty well but needs a tune up. Just replaced the oilpump and oil pump shaft as the pump siezed and broke the shaft. I just found a leak in the fuel tank,the a/c pump needs rebuild, and the power windows arent working, but other than that everything asside from a tune up is just cosmetic. The factory radio even works, and the car came with almost a complete set of replacement crome pieces.

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Theo » Fri 25. Sep 2009, 18:09

You might take a look at the distributor gear if it is all O.K.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Return to “Introduce Yourself and Show us Your Ride”