Hi, My Name is Mark and I'm a Merc-O-Holic

Feel free to introduce yourself. No obligation off course, but a nice way to get known to you a little. It's allways good to know your first name. Jeff or John sounds better than, "hey linc58prm2_1......"
FirstEliminator
Airman basic
Music instruments you're playing: Air Ratchet and the Hammer

Hi, My Name is Mark and I'm a Merc-O-Holic

Post by FirstEliminator » Sun 19. Apr 2009, 12:57

Hi,

My Name is Mark, I live in North Adams, Massachusetts. I have seemed to accumulate 10 Mercurys and various parts. In the order of when they were purchased my Merc list includes a 1970 Cougar XR-7, 1969 Cougar Sports Special, 1970 Cougar XR-7 convertible, 1969 Cougar Eliminator, 1958 Parklane, 1968 Monterey, 1958 Monterey, 1969 Cougar XR-7, 1968 Monterey converitble and a 1958 Montclair TPC--parts car.
My occupation is I own/run a transmission shop. I also tend to hoard old Ford transmissions.

Oh, one more thing-----I hate deer. Last night, driving home I hit a deer which smashed in the grill of my 68 Monterey.

thanks,
Mark
Berkshire Transmissions
North Adams, Massachusetts
58 Parklane Phateon Coupe 430 Multi-Drive
58 Monterey Phaeton Sedan 383 Merc-O
58 Montclair TPC 430 Multi-Drive parts car :(
68 Monterey coupe 390 C-6
68 Monterey conv 390 C-6

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hi, My Name is Mark and I'm a Merc-O-Holic

Post by Theo » Sun 19. Apr 2009, 15:49

Hi Mark, welcome in the M-E-L world. Please feel free to post photos of your MEL powered vehicles in the "Show us your rife" section. It's good to have a transmission specialust in the group.
Hope you enjoy the MEL Forum.
Best regards
Theo
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Shelby#18
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Music instruments you're playing: none

Post by Shelby#18 » Sun 19. Apr 2009, 22:20

FirstEliminator wrote: Oh, one more thing-----I hate deer. Last night, driving home I hit a deer which smashed in the grill of my 68 Monterey.
Mark,

Sorry to hear about that. My father-in-law who lives in MN. Has bad luck with those critters also. Seems like every year there is a deer customizing his grill. :(

All the best...
Rick

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Theo » Mon 20. Apr 2009, 01:34

Shelby#18 wrote:
FirstEliminator wrote: Oh, one more thing-----I hate deer. Last night, driving home I hit a deer which smashed in the grill of my 68 Monterey.
Mark,

Sorry to hear about that. My father-in-law who lives in MN. Has bad luck with those critters also. Seems like every year there is a deer customizing his grill. :(

All the best...
Rick

Same here in the outscirts where I live. More than a dozen of times where I nearly hit a deer or a boar. The road to my house is only 10 feet in width. Not much space to sidestep, especially w. the mororbike. One dead biker last year. The speed limit says 18 miles but nobody including myself ever seems to care.
I need to change my habits somehow. Thanx for the reminder.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

sidesho_bob1961
Airman
Airman

Post by sidesho_bob1961 » Tue 21. Jul 2009, 05:41

Hey Mark,

Would you be willing to sell any parts off of that 58 TPC??? I'm looking for a few odds and ends for my 57's. Thanks, Bob

Return to “Introduce Yourself and Show us Your Ride”