My name is Theo

Feel free to introduce yourself. No obligation off course, but a nice way to get known to you a little. It's allways good to know your first name. Jeff or John sounds better than, "hey linc58prm2_1......"
Theo
Administrator
Administrator

My name is Theo

Post by Theo » Sat 28. Mar 2009, 10:22

Hi evrybody out there,
my name is Theo and I live in Germany. As most of you probably allready know, I've created the MEL Engine Forum at the Network 54 forum portal a few years ago. When the MEL engine Forum at the Network54 platform went down due to some Netwok54 problems I created this Mel engine forum.
Fortunately I alleady had registered the domain Ford-Mel-Engine.com long before. So things went fast when I installed this phpBB format to create this more modern forum format.

Back in the beginnings of the Mel Forum during the Network54 era, the reason how it came to create such a forum was profane.
A guy I knew in our region had asked me to help him rebuilding his MEL 430. He knew that I was an enthusiast who was experienced with rebuilding Ford engines. He had seen my Thunderbird perform and he knew that I was a neurotic German who was armed with a variety of BHJ blueprinting tools and other goodies.
In those days time I had virtually no MEL experience at all but I was very active in Network54's Ford FE Forum. The idea of creating a MEL Forum that would possibly help me during my project was just a klick away.

Once the forum was launched I figured how small this MEL engine niche was. Info and participants grew slower than my MEL rebuild project had to be completed.

But the rebuild project wasn't too complicated. You had to learn to work your way through a few MEL specific oddities, but with thoughtfulness and after finding out the right sources for your parts the MEL rebuild project could be completed.

However I have to admit that I've forgotten quite some MEL knowledge since I haven't been very active since then. But this forum is here to stay and will hopefully build up a world of reliable MEL info and off course........enjoyable chat about the MEL and your projects in general.

Have fun ladies and gentlemen
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Return to “Introduce Yourself and Show us Your Ride”