Introduction and hello from Wyoming!

Feel free to introduce yourself. No obligation off course, but a nice way to get known to you a little. It's allways good to know your first name. Jeff or John sounds better than, "hey linc58prm2_1......"
Dave Rose
Airman basic

Introduction and hello from Wyoming!

Post by Dave Rose » Thu 17. Dec 2015, 21:53

Greetings,

I live in NW Wyoming and recently acquired a 1959 Lincoln Capri Landau. I'm the third owner. The previous owner died 12 years ago and the car was parked outside a shop building. I spotted it at a yard sale, fell in love with the car and bought it from the owner's widow.

It didn't take much to get it running, but it ran poorly due to carburetor problems and vacuum leaks. I was able to drive it into the shop building for further work. I'm about to pull the engine and trans. At the minimum, it needs a valve job, new timing chain and gears, coolant diverters etc... I'll have the machine shop look further to see if a full rebuild is called for. I also found cracks on the front lower suspension arms, so I'll get those repaired and reinforced. I'll rebuild the front suspension while I'm at it. I have a fabricator building a custom stainless steel fuel tank for the car. Also planning on an Edelbrock 1406 to replace the tired Carter AFB.

The body is basically straight and rust-free. A bad dent on the front bumper. The paint is original Warwick Gray and it polished up nicely although it's worn down to primer in spots. At a distance, it looks pretty good. :)

I'm having a lot of fun so far with the Lincoln. I look forward to participating in the forum.

Dave Rose
Powell, Wyoming
59-LINC-001.jpg
The car as found, sitting outdoors for 12 years
59-LINC-020a.jpg
linc-oct28-014a.jpg
A little polishing compound and elbow grease brought some luster back to the paint
Linc-Front-Susp-008a.jpg
The front suspension will be totally rebuilt, addressing cracks in the lower control arms
linc-dec4-002a.jpg
One of my three little helpers, Amiga.

vanscooter
Airman First Class
Airman First Class

Re: Introduction and hello from Wyoming!

Post by vanscooter » Fri 18. Dec 2015, 02:44

Another one saved ! Welcome

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Theo » Sat 2. Jan 2016, 03:48

Welcome Dave,
what a nice find you got. Love the color. Very elegant. Hope you just stick w. it as is. Good luck with your project and please keep us watching the process. Thanks for sharing.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Janery
Airman basic
Music instruments you're playing: guitar

Post by Janery » Wed 16. Aug 2017, 00:33

Teheo wrote:
Sat 2. Jan 2016, 03:48
Welcome Dave,
what nice testosterone boosters you got. Love the color. Very nice elegant. Hope you just stick w. it as is. Good luck with your project and please keep us watching the process. Thanks for sharing.
Nice pics Dave, the Lincoln looks great.
Last edited by Janery on Sat 31. Jul 2021, 04:53, edited 5 times in total.

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Theo » Wed 16. Aug 2017, 11:57

Love the dog ;)
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Return to “Introduce Yourself and Show us Your Ride”