Introducing Myself and my '58 Monterey

Feel free to introduce yourself. No obligation off course, but a nice way to get known to you a little. It's allways good to know your first name. Jeff or John sounds better than, "hey linc58prm2_1......"
craterranch
Airman basic

Introducing Myself and my '58 Monterey

Post by craterranch » Wed 15. Oct 2014, 16:51

Howdy, MEL. I'm Keith in Massachusetts and I've been driving my "new" 1958 Mercury Monterey since I got it earlier this summer. She looks nice, and even though the shop I took it to for the initial once-over said it needs an engine rebuild (a topic for another post), it nonetheless runs real nice. They fixed a few of the mechanicals (u-joints, steering, seat belts, brakes, etc.), and I've been doing some of the small stuff here and there (bulbs, radio, etc.). Over the winter I'll fix the speedo, wipers, power seats, and a few other odds and ends. I guess you'll hear about it in future posts.

I'll try to upload a picture. It's got a 383 4-barrel with multi-matic transmission, power steering, power brakes, power seats. It was originally Holly Green but the previous owner painted it red and white. They also painted the interior which I'm kinda disappointed about. I'd prefer the original paint and interior even if it was worn and faded, but c'est la vie.
IMG_5333.JPG

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Introducing Myself and my '58 Monterey

Post by Theo » Fri 7. Nov 2014, 00:42

Welcome Keith. Nice car. The paint makes it s.th. special I think.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Shelby#18
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Music instruments you're playing: none

Re: Introducing Myself and my '58 Monterey

Post by Shelby#18 » Mon 10. Nov 2014, 13:57

Thanks for posting Keith. Looks like a nice car. Sure would like to see more of it.

Return to “Introduce Yourself and Show us Your Ride”