My new 1966 Coupe

Feel free to introduce yourself. No obligation off course, but a nice way to get known to you a little. It's allways good to know your first name. Jeff or John sounds better than, "hey linc58prm2_1......"
buddy67lincoln
Senior Airman
Senior Airman
Music instruments you're playing: The Kazoo

My new 1966 Coupe

Post by buddy67lincoln » Wed 11. Mar 2009, 06:58

I just bought this sucker yesterday. She runs, has 67,000 on her, has been sitting since 1976. It needed a brake line and it was never fixed. Black buckets, power vents, 8 track, really moldy so there is some corrosion on the dash parts but I have 3 of everything. It has a knocking lifter on the passenger side. I might pull the valve cover to take a look. It does have 32 year old oil in it so it needs a major oil change, fluid flush, heads rebuilt with hardened seats, compression check, linkages freed up, and probably needs power steering rebuilt from sitting so long, but not sure yet. She might be my focus for now. It needs to run well, no smoke, quiet except for that knocking. I have everything to get mobile at least from my '67 coupe which will needs extensive body work. It will take years so I scooped this up for $800 and hope to not have to put much into it except head job, body and paint, and a little wiring. Hope she is a good car! This one will remain stock when it done at least look stock, and the 67 will be my hot rod!
Attachments
663small.JPG
662small.JPG
661small.JPG
667small.JPG
John Lyman
1964 Continental Convertible (actually working on this one!)
1967 Continental Coupe (bucket of rust)
1966 Continental Coupe (mild custom some day???)
1967 Continental 4 door (30,000 miles, part car)
1967 Continental 4 door (scrapped)

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My new 1966 Coupe

Post by Theo » Wed 11. Mar 2009, 07:28

Nice car. Good luck with your project.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Return to “Introduce Yourself and Show us Your Ride”