Saying hello

Feel free to introduce yourself. No obligation off course, but a nice way to get known to you a little. It's allways good to know your first name. Jeff or John sounds better than, "hey linc58prm2_1......"
58VoyagerJPG
Airman basic

Saying hello

Post by 58VoyagerJPG » Fri 21. Sep 2012, 06:53

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and just want to introduce myself. I recently acquired two 1958 Mercury station wagons. One is a 4 door Commuter with a 383 motor in it and the other is a 2 door Voyager with a 430 in it. Both are bone stock and complete cars. I stumbled upon them when I answered an ad on our local craigslist for a '71 Torino Squire wagon. I normally would have passed that over but the drivetrain description caught my eye. It was described as having a stock 4 bolt main 351C 4V motor. In a wagon? I said to myself " Go take a look." Found a factory M code wagon and then saw sticking out of thirty years of weeds and covered with leaves the 2 wagons. And then there was a '70 Ranchero parked against the fence. Long story short I made the previous owner an offer for all four cars and moved them to my storage so I could clean off the decades worth of debris and see what is there. I'm going to need lots of help as I've never owned a 50's vintage car only mid sixties cars or newer but they called to me to just get them the hell out of there and to a better chance to run down the road again. Thanks in advance for being here. It's going to be a blast. I'll post pics of how they are today and then share the progress.
Attachments
IMG_0899.jpg
IMG_0901.jpg
IMG_0900.jpg

Shelby#18
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Music instruments you're playing: none

Re: Saying hello

Post by Shelby#18 » Fri 21. Sep 2012, 10:45

WOW Excellent! Thank you for joining the forum. Could you please add the photo of the other '58 wagon. Also which are you thinking of starting on first?

I just finished the restoration of my 1959 Colony Park this year. Here is a link. viewtopic.php?f=84&t=1331

58VoyagerJPG
Airman basic

Post by 58VoyagerJPG » Sat 22. Sep 2012, 06:18

I will post more pictures later today as the '58 Commuter 4 door is coming home today. In the next few weeks the plan is to clean the decades worth of stuff out of each car so we can see what is there and what may be missing and then start the disassembly process on the newer cars first. The Ranchero and the Torino Squire will probably be sold first to generate the necessary funds to do the Mercs. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the interest.

vanscooter
Airman First Class
Airman First Class

Post by vanscooter » Sat 22. Sep 2012, 16:25

Great score !! Love the 58 two door wagon. Good looking car. Get them rolling. Vanscooter

58VoyagerJPG
Airman basic

Post by 58VoyagerJPG » Sat 22. Sep 2012, 23:40

Just wanted to post some pictures of the 4th car in a group I recently purchased. It's a 1958 Commuter 4 door wagon with the 383ci Marauder power plant and the push button automatic. Hoping to get the decades of mouse droppings and other bad stuff cleaned out next week or so. I'll keep you posted on my progress.
Attachments
IMG_0908.jpg
IMG_0905.jpg

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Theo » Wed 26. Sep 2012, 09:36

Wow, looks like a project. Welcome to the forum
Best regards
Theo
Admin