New guy

Feel free to introduce yourself. No obligation off course, but a nice way to get known to you a little. It's allways good to know your first name. Jeff or John sounds better than, "hey linc58prm2_1......"
57rancho-deluxe
Airman basic

New guy

Post by 57rancho-deluxe » Mon 16. Jan 2012, 14:44

Hi my name is Randy Olson . I discovered this forum researching the super marauder engine for a 1/25th scale model I am working on. just 15 minutes here yielded more info than I had found in the past two years.I look forward to learning more.
Randy Olson

vanscooter
Airman First Class
Airman First Class

Re: New guy

Post by vanscooter » Mon 16. Jan 2012, 16:40

Hey new guy, show us some pictures of the model your doing ! Where did you get the engine for it ? Vanscooter

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Theo » Tue 17. Jan 2012, 05:21

Welcome Randy, cool project you're on. Check out
Michael Paul Smith
http://www.visitelginpark.com/

for some reallly great art work on pfotos and models.Glad you like the forum.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

57rancho-deluxe
Airman basic

Post by 57rancho-deluxe » Wed 18. Jan 2012, 02:05

Thank you for the warm welcome.Theo, modelers everywhere would love to have the talent that Michael Paul Smith displays, not just his building but his photography is just simply otherworldly. that being said I am no where near that stratosphere nor do I anticipate visiting that rarified air any time soon. but I do love his work.Vanscooter ,there aren't many detailed options for a 430 in 1/25th scale as far as I can tell it is pretty much just the amt lincoln continential kits the most easily found being a 65. I have an amt 62 lincoln but that will require a lot of work to make look decent. I am thinking of cheating slightly by using a more detailed 352 from a recently issued 1960 ford starliner which actually has a 3x2 setup. I think I can scratch build the valve covers aircleaner and fuel filter(now that I have more than old black and white magazine photos) but the lettering is going to be a challenge. it isn't exact but I think it is close enough to make look reasonable. I will post a few pictures once I figure out what I did wrong during this attempt.
Randy Olson

vanscooter
Airman First Class
Airman First Class

Post by vanscooter » Wed 18. Jan 2012, 17:26

Sounds neat. I model but nothing really custom. I wondered about a 430 source. I'll check for a 65 continental. Show us the pics ! Thanks again and welcome.

Chris Craft crazy
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
Music instruments you're playing: Guitar

Post by Chris Craft crazy » Sat 21. Jan 2012, 18:30

Welcome Randy, good to see you here!!
MEL Marine division... and if you thought MEL car parts were scarce....

Return to “Introduce Yourself and Show us Your Ride”