Passing this along as I am sure someone in MEL-land would love to have this car. It is not my car but it is local to me. I have not inspected it. It is about 70 miles east of San Francisco. I suspect mostly rust free too as most cars here are.
1958 Mercury Voyager 2 door Station Wagon $4K OBO - $4000 (brentwood / oakley)
I'm selling my extremely rare, less than 600 2 door hard top Voyagers were ever produced, wagon. One of the cool things that add to the desirability of this wagon is that Mercury was the only company in 1958 making hard top wagons. This means that there is no center post just open air cruising the way it was meant to be done. This is a completely original version of the Voyager right down to the factory equipped 383 4V Marauder big block V8 engine, automatic transmission with push button controls, and bullet proof 9 inch rear diff. The Voyager also had some rare factory options that are still present like the power rear window and the luggage rack.
In the pictures there are some parts like the headlights and bezels that are not installed but I have them and most of the trim moldings and other accent pieces stored in the car. Also the rear glass in the power window is there but the window is stuck in the down position. All original interior door panels are there and the headliner sections I also have but they are falling down. I have the headliner bows and a full set of original hub caps.
Make no mistake this car since it has not moved under its own power or been registered in the state of CA since the 1980s is a project. You will want to either do a complete restoration or build it to your own unique specifications. But you should also know that a finished Voyager, thought at the time of the sale to be the only finished one in existence, sold at Russo Steele for nearly $70,000 last year. It ain't going down in value!
Call me or CL email me and we can discuss the project. Or you can just beat out all the others and bring a trailer and the cash and take it home this weekend before I change my mind and keep it. I'm John at 925-478-seven eight 48.
Advertise or Buy MEL Powered Cars and Boats Privately.
- Important Announcements and How to Use this Forum
- About The Forum, The Rules and more.
- ↳ About The Forum, The Rules and more
- ↳ Welcome and About the Forum and The Rules
- ↳ Imprint and Credits
- ↳ Introduce Yourself and Show us Your Ride
- MEL Related History
- MEL Engine Knowledge Base.
- ↳ MEL Engine Knowledge Base
- ↳ MEL Engine Basic Specifications
- ↳ MEL Transmission Basic Specifications
- ↳ MEL 430 Tune Up Specifications
- ↳ MEL Engine Unique Cooling System
- ↳ MEL Engine Interchangeable Parts
- OEM Booklets and other Literature
- MEL Engine Related Forums
- ↳ MEL Engine General Discussion
- ↳ MEL Transmission
- ↳ MEL Engine Ignition and General Electrical Topics
- ↳ MEL Engine Stock Carburetor
- ↳ The MEL Engine Tripower Heaven
- ↳ MEL Engine Aftermarket Induction
- ↳ MEL Engine Aftermarket Parts
- ↳ Tutorials Tips Tricks and How To. Written By Board Members
- ↳ MEL Related Shopping Guide
- MEL Cars General Discussion
- ↳ MEL Cars General Discussion
- Restoration Projects.
- ↳ Mercury Cars Restoration Projects
- ↳ Edsel Cars Restoration Projects
- ↳ Lincoln Cars Restoration Projects
- ↳ MEL Boats Restoration Projects.
- Photo Section
- ↳ Photo Story Your MEL Engine Build Up Project
- ↳ Post Photos Of Your Engine Set Up (MEL Powered Only)
- ↳ Post Photos of MEL Specific Tools
- ↳ Share Photos of Celebritie's MEL Cars and Engines
- ↳ Post Photos Of Race Cars (MEL Powered Only)
- ↳ Post Photos Of Boats (MEL Powered Only)
- ↳ Photos of Mercury Cars
- ↳ Photos of Edsel Cars
- ↳ Photos of Lincoln Cars
- Video Section
- ↳ Video Section
- ↳ Post or Link Video Tutorials MEL Related
- ↳ Post or Link Videos Of MEL Powered Race Vehicles
- ↳ Post or Link Videos Of MEL Powered Cars And Boats
- ↳ Post General Engine Rebuild and Adjustment Tutorials
- ↳ For Sale
- ↳ MEL Engine Parts For Sale
- ↳ MEL Transmission Parts For Sale
- ↳ MEL Cars and Boats For Sale
- ↳ General Auto Parts For Sale
- ↳ Dealer Section: MEL Engine And Transmission Parts For Sale
- ↳ General Tools and Equipment For Sale
- ↳ Wanted
- ↳ Ask for MEL Engine Parts
- ↳ Ask for MEL Transmission Parts
- ↳ Ask for MEL Powered Cars and Boats
- ↳ Ask for Miscellaneous Auto Parts
- ↳ Ask for Tools and Equipment
- ↳ Free Give Aways
- ↳ Free MEL Related Give Aways
- ↳ Buy and Sell or just Recommend Automotive Literature (not stricktly MEL related)
- Off Topic Discussion
- ↳ Off Topic
- ↳ General Off Topic Discussion
- ↳ Racetalk
- ↳ Events
- ↳ Show Us Your Face
- ↳ Meet a Forum Buddy
- ↳ Job Opportunities
- ↳ Musical and General Cultural Discussions Section
- ↳ Post Photos Of Your Motorcycles
- ↳ Old Forum Archives
- Links to other interesting sites
- ↳ Links to other interesting sites
- Tell The Staff.
- ↳ Tell The Staff
- ↳ Bug Report
- ↳ Wishlist
- ↳ Engine Oil
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests