Page 1 of 1

Mel motor and tran

Posted: Fri 2. Jan 2009, 10:09
by ltman
Well guys i got a 59-61 t-bird with mel motor and a mercury Ill part them out Im not sure of the size of them I also have 3-5 bellhousinngs for mel and more stuff the tbir has a 4 barral intake with holley carb pat

Re: Mel motor and tran

Posted: Fri 2. Jan 2009, 14:12
by KULTULZ
ltman wrote:
Well guys i got a 59-61 t-bird with mel motor and a mercury Ill part them out Im not sure of the size of them I also have 3-5 bellhousinngs for mel and more stuff the tbir has a 4 barral intake with holley carb pat
Can you be more specific? You have a BIRD and MERC w/MEL that you are willing to part?

Any chance of photos and where you are located?

Re: Mel motor and tran

Posted: Fri 2. Jan 2009, 15:35
by ltman
Im in WV The tbird motor is complet minus carb The mercury motor is complet with 2 barral carb both has had weather in them at some pont But they should be some parts that can be salvaged from them Ill try to get some pic up in the next day or so

Re: Mel motor and tran

Posted: Fri 2. Jan 2009, 22:22
by ltman
Hears a pic of the mercury wagon can any 1 tell me what year this is i got a good set of fender skirts for it The date code on the t bird intake is 7AP EDG-8425-A
Image
Image

Re: Mel motor and tran

Posted: Sat 3. Jan 2009, 01:09
by KULTULZ
ltman wrote:
Hears a pic of the mercury wagon can any 1 tell me what year this is i got a good set of fender skirts for it

The date code on the t bird intake is 7AP EDG-8425-A
The MERC is a 1960 Colony Park. If 2V, the engine is a 383.

CORRECTION! It is a 430 2V.

If the BIRD engine has been sitting out in the weather without a carb, it doesn't have that much value. What amount were you thinking and about what part of WV are you in?

Re: Mel motor and tran

Posted: Sun 4. Jan 2009, 19:43
by ltman
Im in southern WV I dont no what these motors are worth Ill sell them for a resonable price

Re: Mel motor and tran

Posted: Sun 4. Jan 2009, 22:46
by KULTULZ
ltman wrote:
Im in southern WV I dont no what these motors are worth Ill sell them for a resonable price
How far from Princeton are you and I assume they are still in the car(s) so will you or the buyer pull them?

Re: Mel motor and tran

Posted: Sat 15. Apr 2017, 14:32
by Chris430
I need a 61+ bell housing and a few other parts. Email and or pm sent.
Thanks, Chris