MEL aluminum Valley cover project proposal

Exchange knowledge and discuss MEL engine related aftermarket engine parts like cams, rods, chains, intakes and lots more.
Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: MEL aluminum Valley cover project proposal

Post by Theo » Fri 9. Apr 2010, 16:39

Sorry to hear that you had problems instalingl the new alum. valley cover. As I mentioned in my above post, installation problems are most likely to come up with most non blueprinted engines. It's not the fault of the new pan, it's the misalignment in most engine's geometry. The flexing stock steel pan can perfectly compensate in most cases.
Hope the elonguated bolt holes will do the trick for your engine. Do you have pics of your new alum. pan?
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Smarg
Airman basic

Post by Smarg » Mon 25. Oct 2010, 15:43

Is this still alive???

I read through the thread do these valley pans fit all years of the "MEL" such as (1958-1959)-(1960-196?)

If so, I'm interested in one of these valley pans.

56vicky430
Airman basic
Music instruments you're playing: none

Post by 56vicky430 » Sat 13. Nov 2010, 17:52

Smarg wrote:Is this still alive???

I read through the thread do these valley pans fit all years of the "MEL" such as (1958-1959)-(1960-196?)

If so, I'm interested in one of these valley pans.

Sort of yes sort of no. Right now we are waiting on Moon, who has already reoffered earlier this year their sharp valve covers for the 430's. Moon offered a valley cover once upon a time and it's even shown in the 97 catalog after new ownership took place BUT they are still looking for the mold. Until I get a definite answer from Moon, that they can not locate the old mold, or are absolutely not interested in recasting a new one, I'm not approaching any other company. I hope they have found it. I've already told them that they could sell more valley covers than they did of the valve covers as many of us on here would buy multiple pieces of the same part, just to get the wheels rolling again. I'm contacting Moon in Dec.

Chris Craft crazy
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
Music instruments you're playing: Guitar

Post by Chris Craft crazy » Mon 15. Nov 2010, 15:18

Good to hear.... I also emailed them a while back, and they were kinda inconclusive about the origin. I would definitely be interested. Thanks Rocky.

Return to “MEL Engine Aftermarket Parts”