Junior Brown & The Beach Boys "409"

Talk about your music hobby, your gear and other cultural interests.
Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Junior Brown & The Beach Boys "409"

Post by Theo » Fri 9. Mar 2012, 01:32

Best regards
Theo
Admin

Chris Craft crazy
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
Music instruments you're playing: Guitar

Re: Junior Brown & The Beach Boys "409"

Post by Chris Craft crazy » Fri 9. Mar 2012, 15:42

Nancy and I have very good seats to see the Beach Boys at the Molson Amphitheatre in June of this year. Only 6000 seats.
50th anniversary tour.
MEL Marine division... and if you thought MEL car parts were scarce....

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Theo » Sat 10. Mar 2012, 02:47

Cool! Funny how things change. Seats? Back in the early seventies I've almost seen every Band that was big, not so big or that became big with the years. My home town is a big garrison town. Rock concerts used to be a wild party back in the days of Led Zeppelin, Frank Zappa, general conscription and Vietnam war. The collective madness took place everywhere within half a mile around the concert hall. While gozillions of muscle cars of all brands were cruisin' for a parking place others had already been chillin' in the park or in front of the hall. Consummation was excessive and it was almost a tradition that due to blackout appx. 5% never made it into the hall ;). Seats? Yes, the best seats were our shoulders where we used to place our ol' ladies while we were screaming for more and during the last 15 minutes of the add on. Ha ha,...
Only 6000 sounds like a fun concert to be there. Have fun.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

RedOne58
Airman basic
Music instruments you're playing: I have been a Roadie in a Swedish BluesBand ( Monaco BluesBand ) from 1983-1989 on tour in Germany Holland Finnland Norway and Sweden.That was one hell of a party all the time in the Berlin area we played at Qvasimodo and at some bikers bigmeet i belive the bikers was called ( Born To Be Wild ) 8)

Post by RedOne58 » Sat 10. Mar 2012, 03:33

Long time ago I was a Roadie in a Swedish bluesband and we where touring in Germany,Holland,Norway,Sweden and Finnland.And we played in Berlin when it was east and west and hade to travel on transitroad from westgermany.
in Berlin we made a TV gig at Qvasimodo i belive it was -89. -93 we did a gig on a really big biker festival in Biesenthal
i belive the bikers was called ( Born To Be Wild ) 8-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNsl1b-Tq5U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XhCv8VD ... re=related

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Theo » Sat 10. Mar 2012, 08:56

The garrison town I was referring to is Mannheim, next to Heidelberg. K-Town and Ramstein are not too far away too. I moved to Berlin in 1978. The Quasimodo you're mentioning is a great club and still running strong. It's a tiny place but is a classic that hosts guys like Joe Bonamassa, Robin Trower and lots of very different known and less known artists. One day Prince dropped in after he had finished a big show in some big hall. He brought his band musicians jumped up the stage and started to turn the whole place into fire. Everybody had fun fun fun. I've occasionally played there too when they had this Wednesday's jam about 10 years ago. Great place and always packed w. a good mix of people.
Biesenthal fest is still taking place on an annual basis. The Born to be Wild MC is a Berlin gang that still hangs out there. But they're small compared to the Angels and the Banditos which became a major problem these days. So, you see, not much has changed. What was the band called you worked with?
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Theo » Sat 10. Mar 2012, 08:59

Ouups, just noticed the links. Lemme watch first.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Theo » Sat 10. Mar 2012, 09:05

Cool.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

RedOne58
Airman basic
Music instruments you're playing: I have been a Roadie in a Swedish BluesBand ( Monaco BluesBand ) from 1983-1989 on tour in Germany Holland Finnland Norway and Sweden.That was one hell of a party all the time in the Berlin area we played at Qvasimodo and at some bikers bigmeet i belive the bikers was called ( Born To Be Wild ) 8)

Post by RedOne58 » Sat 10. Mar 2012, 09:49

Monaco Bluesband is the name of the band, still going strong I have been all over Germany, other places where we played was Grosse Freiheit at reperbahn in Hamburg and Logo also in Hamburg , we used to have about 38 gigs in 40 days spread all over the country.hard work but lot of fun and we all love the german style rockplaces and small pubs( kneipe)allways
nice people and a lot of Girls 8-)

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Theo » Sat 10. Mar 2012, 11:36

RedOne58 wrote:.............. and we all love the german style rockplaces and small pubs( kneipe)allways
nice people and a lot of Girls 8-)
Ha ha,...you guys like to booze excessively since Swedish taxes on alcohol is outrageous. Gimme a buzz once you make it to Berlin. Have a nice evening.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Return to “Musical and General Cultural Discussions Section”