My BMW K 1100 RS

The Show Off Paradise. Don't forget to picture your ol' ladies too. Strictly Adult.
Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Twisted revisted.

Post by Theo » Mon 19. Jan 2009, 00:41

Finally Winter came back this year. Yeah, we have been snowed in for the last 3 weeks or so. Beautiful post card like views in my area. Only draw back is the high consumtion of heating oil and worst of all no chance to ride the bike.
Yesterday was the first day above the freezing point and I couldn't resist to ride the bike. I half ways cleaned up my ascend with an ice pick but descided to try e other way round from the garden side.
What an illusion. This 260 kg anchor dug in like a mole. I tried for more than 20 minutes until I could make it to the street. I got quite soaked with sweat. At least I wasn't freezing.
Anyway in the end all the effort was really worth it. The view was highly unusual, the air fresh and It was good to feel the engine heat up under the tank again. I have to admit that I need to go to the anonymous biker adicts one day. ;)
Best regards
Theo
Admin

alphues
Airman
Airman
Music instruments you're playing: none

Re: My BMW K 1100 RS

Post by alphues » Mon 20. Apr 2009, 14:18

Hey Theo
Is that you on the lead bike? :mrgreen:
theo.jpg
theo's leader of the pack
alphues
59 merc parklane

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My BMW K 1100 RS

Post by Theo » Mon 20. Apr 2009, 16:11

Nope,
unlike these babbitts in the photo I don't need a rear view mirror. I wear no shades and no gloves. Also I never take a person with me as they usually fall off when I launch.;))

No, seriously that's a nice bunch on the photo. The guy with the lady rides a nice panhead. Must be taken during the early 70ies. Man, we were all infected from Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper's ER. I watched it again as a DVD after many many moons and must say that to me ER is one of the very few movies that will never be outdated. Marlon Brando's "The Wild One" is such a great movie too.

My fingers are still swollen from last nught's engine swap. No, not a MEL, .....just a stinky lille 125 cc Honda scooter engine. The task wasn't easy and I had to ask a friend for a hand. There are millions of screws that seem to all have a different size and everything is put together into an extremely tight package. Lot's of cables too compared w. our beloved Dinos.
It has EFI and an electronic kathalyc convertor.

But it's worth repairing it becauise I really love this Honda Pantheon scooter,..can<'t wait to put on a plate again. It's extremely practical in daily traffic and even runs 70 Miles/hr. Fuel consumption is only 3 liters per 100 Km which means a lot in Europe. Gas prizes are way too high here.

Today I test drove it in my area w/o a liscense plate, no helmet, no gloves, no nothing from what I usually wear on the fat bike. It felt good to have it running again.
But don't get me wrong, I usually wear all my protection even on the scooter.

I'll have to check what smoked my other motor. I had adjusted the valve lash and also changed the oil. It ran very sweet for two days before it broke downtwo. Those Honda 125 engines are usually extremely reliable, so I'm curious what the reason for the hazard was.
I'll post a sew pics in a day or two.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Return to “Post Photos Of Your Motorcycles”