65 430 to fe c6

Discussion of MEL transmission related topics only.
sergent
Airman basic

65 430 to fe c6

Post by sergent » Sat 3. Jul 2010, 13:11

has anyone tried this yet? Ive read on other posts that this block is an incomplete fe pattern, but will it still mate up? I would not think missing one bolt would be a big deal.

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 65 430 to fe c6

Post by Theo » Sat 3. Jul 2010, 14:24

I'm not an expert w. trans adapt and stuff, but as far as I know it is possible if your C6 has the round bolt pattern. Read more in below posts w. photos. You probably know that the C6 trans came w. at least two different bell housings. There is the older round one which will fit your app. and an other later one that appears somewhat canted on the top. Off course it also came w. different plines and slip yokes. You'll have to pay a competent drive shaft repair shop to custom weld you a matching drive shaft. Do not let them use your orig. shaft as you'll never know if it will be needed in orig. shape one day.
Good luck
Best regards
Theo
Admin

KULTULZ
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Re: 65 430 to fe c6

Post by KULTULZ » Mon 2. Aug 2010, 07:14

sergent wrote:
Ive read on other posts that this block is an incomplete fe pattern, but will it still mate up? I would not think missing one bolt would be a big deal.
The 58-60 MEL (383-410-430) has the same bell pattern as the FE-

The 61-65 LINC (430) has a modified FE bell pattern. No interchange unless an adapter is used.

-BENDSTENS TRANSMISSION ADAPTORS-

The 66/68 LINC (462) has a dual pattern, the previous HX and the NEW LINC SPECIFIC C6.

What are you wanting to do?

Return to “MEL Transmission”