WTB: Headers for MEL engine

Advertise or Sell MEL Related Engine Parts Privately.
Please use the buy and sell trans section for trans parts
Ted
Airman
Airman

WTB: Headers for MEL engine

Post by Ted » Tue 27. Oct 2009, 06:53

I'm needing a set of headers to use on the dyno for MEL engines. At this point, I'll consider anything in lieu of building a set specific for dyno use. What have you got? My contact info is at www.eatonbalancing.com . Thanks, Ted.
Ted Eaton --- http://www.eatonbalancing.com/ --
Big Engines are quick but it's hard to beat the fun that comes from running a normally aspirated Y-Block at 8.80's and 147 mph in the quarter.

Treinarts
Airman First Class
Airman First Class
Music instruments you're playing: none

Re: WTB: Headers for MEL engine

Post by Treinarts » Sun 1. Nov 2009, 14:35

460 headers can be adapted with minimal drama. Just get 430 header flanges on ebay for 70 dollars and weld some 1 7/8 pipe stubs on any 460 headers you want to use. Pipes are real close. Alot cheaper and faster than having them made from scratch. TJR

Ted
Airman
Airman

Re: WTB: Headers for MEL engine

Post by Ted » Mon 2. Nov 2009, 05:00

Thanks. That sounds like a very viable option. As you've mentioned using another set of headers to use for this, I'll check out the spacing on the BBC headers as I run across them quite frequently as opposed to the 460 headers. 460 headers in my part of the country are like looking for hen's teeth.
Ted Eaton --- http://www.eatonbalancing.com/ --
Big Engines are quick but it's hard to beat the fun that comes from running a normally aspirated Y-Block at 8.80's and 147 mph in the quarter.

Return to “Ask for MEL Engine Parts”