Page 1 of 1

Silvolite Pistons

Posted: Mon 22. Mar 2010, 09:03
by Chris Craft crazy
I spent some time on the phone with Silvolite this morning. They used to make a 1064 piston in oversize that was a correct stepped piston for the 430 engine. It is a cast aluminum, not forged. They no longer make that particular piston, but the bottom line is this:

If there were orders for 30 sets of pistons, they would cast them again. Each set could be ordered in different oversize... so 20 over or 30 or 40 etc.

Cost: about 60 dollars a piston....so.... about 500 bucks a set.
Think we could get 30 orders?

Cheers

Peter

Re: Silvolite Pistons

Posted: Mon 22. Mar 2010, 13:56
by Theo
Although it's a custom order to some degree, 500 bucks is pretty ice picky I think. I'm not into todays prizes, so I might be wrong. Does that seem to be an alternative to custom forged slugs? Thought forged were about 600 $ max. Aren't they?

Re: Silvolite Pistons

Posted: Mon 22. Mar 2010, 16:45
by Chris Craft crazy
Forged pistons from Wiseco are $1400 dollars a set of 8

Re: Silvolite Pistons

Posted: Tue 23. Mar 2010, 01:18
by Theo
Wow, guess I've been living behind the moon for the last 10 years. How about JE Pistons? They used to be top of the line back then. I remember having payed about 600 $ for custom made pistons w. my specs.? And I also remember that I didn't go w. Wiseco because I felt they were too expensive, although just about 100 or 200 bucks more. I'll have to check if I still have the receipts. Did you do a research on prizes w. other manufacturers?