Question on MEL Engines

Discussion of MEL engine related topics only.
cowboy.2010
Airman basic

Question on MEL Engines

Post by cowboy.2010 » Thu 25. Oct 2012, 12:13

Hey Guys I am new to this site and I have recently ran across a 462 engine. I have had my eye open for a 430 or a 462 for awhile now cause I have wanted to experience a lil with one or both of them. Is there any market to be able to buy good quality rebuild kits or different cams,intakes things like that. Like I said I am new to the site I have not had any time to read much on here or I would prolly find all the answers. I was wondering if any of you guys have used these enignes for a mild streetable engine build. That is what my plan would be. It would be unique expecially around here and I love messing with FORD engines that in my eyes never had a chance just to see what I can get out of them. I was also wondering if any of you guys would no where any 430, 462 engines or transmissions forsale around MIssouri. If any of you guys have any info on these engines Like the pros and cons to them so I no where to start. I was thinking about possibly a 430 with a 462 crank so I could have the FE bolt pattern. But I have not done enough research on the mel engines cause I dident no If I would ever find one to play with and now I have :)
Last edited by cowboy.2010 on Thu 25. Oct 2012, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.

Shelby#18
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Music instruments you're playing: none

Re: Question on MEL Engines

Post by Shelby#18 » Thu 25. Oct 2012, 14:04

Welcome to the forum. Try this thread for some preliminary info. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67

http://www.ford-mel-engine.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67

Return to “MEL Engine General Discussion”