FOUND worlds fastest 66 lincoln

Share photos of MEL powered race cars. Cars don't have to be necessarily your own rides. Please respect copyright laws.
LILABE2
Airman basic

FOUND worlds fastest 66 lincoln

Post by LILABE2 » Mon 10. Feb 2014, 16:51

while searching for melparts and info came across cliff's 66 Lincoln "heavy metal"powered by a 500 + inch MEL sitting in a garage in la area ran 201 at bonnieville!!!! car was covered with stuff so sorry no picts as of now. he blew the motor and parked it over 10 yrs ago had a chance to speak with cliff.
the car is stock appearing 4 dr 66 linc continental with some areo sheet metal around the nose is square tube framed + much round tube cage and supports has a truck front straight axle and stock rear end
motor 462 bored to 4.400 and offset ground 462 crank untilizes mopar 426 rods ,his are aluminium and aries 13 - 1 compression forged pistons stock ported heads with cobra-jet intake valves racer brown flat tappet cam with 326 dur 620 lift home made 2x4 sheet metal intake with dual carter afb's. I didn't see it because he threw it out after exploded motor broke it but he said he had a special oiling system main stud girdle type that directly feed the main brgs off the oil filter housing,s extra port. he also made an adopter plate to bolt a truck bellhousing and a toploader 4 speed to the 462 he used to wind it past 7k in 1 & 2. say s car weighs around 6000 lbs WOW how much HP does it take to go 200 mph???? 500 600 700 ?????
cliffs past 70 now and will probably never drive again but he tracked down many parts to build another motor he may be interested in selling everything for 6k. anyone interested in owning a piece of mel history email me and i'll pass your phone number to cliff I tried to get him to post an article and picts here but he's been busy with his wood shop business
just wanted to share johnny o lil abe

Return to “Post Photos Of Race Cars (MEL Powered Only)”