How cool owning these cars can be....

Talk about topics that don't fit into other board categories
Shelby#18
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Music instruments you're playing: none

How cool owning these cars can be....

Post by Shelby#18 » Sun 18. Apr 2010, 14:02

Let me start off by saying that I'm not one of those guys that are afraid to let others touch and sit in my vehicles. Whenever I'm at a car show, event, or just getting fuel if someone wants to have their photo taken in or beside the cars I let them.

So with that said my children's school was holding a movie night out on the field with one of those big inflatable screens. I thought it would be really cool to have a "Drive-in" experience and raffle off two of my cars so that two lucky families could watch the movie like we use to back in the day. The winners would also have curbside service, and I purchased some original drive-in speakers which did function. Of the families that won, one of them was in their 50's and it was the first time they had watched a movie in a car as a couple since they were married. The other family had elementary school kids and they sat in the front seat while the parents sat in the back. Since it was a family event the grown-ups behaved themselves. We collected over $200.00 which was donated back to the teachers. Today at church (since my children do go to a church school) they were already talking about doing it again. The cars, carhops, and speakers were a big hit. Here are some photo's of the set up. Enjoy.....
DSCN5001.jpg
DSCN5002.jpg
DSCN5009.jpg

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How cool owning these cars can be....

Post by Theo » Mon 19. Apr 2010, 01:29

Hey, you're a good pops. Way cool fun event. Ooooh, wait a minute. I can't see the kid's hands. Did you lay them in handcuffs? ;)......
But, seriously we seem to be similar in this case. On car shows I always hated those boring guys w. tape around their cars and claim. Instead I even use to display a "PLease touch and take a seat" sign. I even leave my sun glasses and Jacket inside when I go for a walk. never had any bad experience w. it.
I like the drive-in cinema idea and your cars look stunning. I would probably like to have my pop corn in the retractable. Must have been a great fun experience for the kids and the parents too. Ride on.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Shelby#18
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Music instruments you're playing: none

Post by Shelby#18 » Mon 19. Apr 2010, 15:58

Those were actually my kids and a friend of theirs when we arrived. The girl in the drivers seat (friend) has her hands on the steering wheel. With my kids they just know better. :lol:
As for food, they had Popcorn, Hotdogs, Cotton Candy, Soda's, etc.....
And no spills! :D

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Theo » Mon 19. Apr 2010, 16:42

Shelby#18 wrote:.........The girl in the drivers seat (friend) has her hands on the steering wheel. With my kids they just know better. :lol:
Efficient basic training ;) Who knows, they might enlist at MEL Air Base one day. We might be gone, but they will still drive our cars and possibly hang around in the forum and read our old ramblings.;)
Shelby#18 wrote:As for food, they had Popcorn, Hotdogs, Cotton Candy, Soda's, etc.....
And no spills! :D
Sounds good, but why no Sloppy Joe? ;)
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”