Air Force Jokes

Talk about topics that don't fit into other board categories
Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Air Force Jokes

Post by Theo » Wed 12. May 2010, 16:41

Yeah, small world. I'm from Mannheim and my first girl friend came from Ramstein. Those were the days I was hanging w. friends at Taylor, Funari and Sullivan Barracks. Days of military draft. The Barracks were stuffed w. Mustangs, Challenger, GTO, Chargers,...you name it. Popular Motorcycles were BSA, Triumpf Tiger, Scrambler, Norton Commando, and Sportsters off course.
My pops had a Dodge Dart w. a slant six. It was dark metallic green w. a black racing stripe wrapping the trunk end. And w. the black vinyl.interior this car looked like serious business. It did launch pretty impressive even w. the six. Later in 78 he bought a Buick Riviera, those w. the boat tail. What a huge car w. just a little space in the back ;) Did you also have these popular sequential turn lights? Not sure if I confuse it w. the T-Birds and tzhe 69 fast backs that used to have it.
TJR, we might even have been to the same concerts in those days. Man what a party big time.
djcnt.jpg
djcnt.jpg (19.02 KiB) Viewed 4368 times
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Treinarts
Airman First Class
Airman First Class
Music instruments you're playing: none

Post by Treinarts » Thu 13. May 2010, 08:57

I did some Boxing with the Ramstein team in 77-78. Went to Frankfurt, Baumholder, Vilsek, England, Spain, and Italy on the Air Force dime. Never got to Berlin. Was too much of a hassle in those days. Left Germany in Jan 79 and landed in Savanah Georgia. Six months later, Home in California. Went back to school, now a Lawyer.
Had a friend stationed in Mannhiem. Franklin barraks? Can't remember. Got up there a few times for the wine fests.
I used to haunt the Ramstein Auto Hobby shop. Trying to make my wheezy six Mustang go faster. And patching rust holes in it. Had an Opel, that a snow plow ate. Well , just a foot or so off the drivers side. Crashed a BMW 2800 on the Autobahn, heading south towards Zwibruken. Spent a week or so in Landstul hospital for that stunt.
Never rode a bike over there. Have an old Harley FXR now. I ride mostly along the Sacramento river delta. TJR

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Theo » Thu 13. May 2010, 11:20

Yeah, I', familiar w. the "Benjamin Franklin Barracks" too. We had some friends who lived there. The near by drive-in cinema in Seckenheim was cool in those days. Not sure if it still exists.
You've seen quite a lot of countries, now a lawyer. Great career Ride on..
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Theo » Thu 3. Jun 2010, 03:46

Promotion

The Secretary Of Defense called one of his Lieutenant Generals into the office.
"Rob," he said, "you've been with the Air Force for 3 years. You
started off as airman basic, two weeks later you were promoted to
Senior Master Sergeant position, and 5 months after that you were promoted to
Second Lieutenant. Just 2 short years later, you were promoted to Lieutenant General. Now it's time for me to promote you to General. What do you say to that?"

"Thanks," said the Lieutenant General.

"Thanks?" the Secretary of Defense replied. "Is that all you can say?"

"Ok, ok," the Lieutenant General said. "Thanks, Dad."
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”