Redirecting to other boards

Talk about topics that don't fit into other board categories
FEfinaticP
Command at Sea
Command at Sea

Redirecting to other boards

Post by FEfinaticP » Sat 13. Jun 2009, 20:32

Hello all,

I've been a fan of this board for years, and I know how hard Theo has worked to assemble and share this info for FREE to anyone who wants to enjoy, benefit from, and share info here.

I also run a specialty web site where all the money comes out of my pocket. I'm doing it for fun, as Theo is doing. I have also had to post some "rules" (actually one rule, that I reserve the right to delete or modify any post, or ban the ISP for any reason). Fortunately the time needed to tend to those sorts of things has been extremely minor, although there are a few instances where some bad actors just are not going to get another shot at disrupting a good thing.

In the past there have been some attempts to feed off my web site, to mine it for names, plagerize the info for book and web articles, etc., and I have elected to deactivate a couple ISP addresses from being able to post any additional info. I am not in the market to buy steroids, or reclaim wealth from Africa, or play the lottery in South America, and I'm not spending my time researching internet communication techniques, financially hosting the site, and spending lots of personal time to share the stuff with virtually anyone who may need it, only to have my efforts and those of my particular forum participants re-directed to another forum in a some sort of a cheap "membership recruiting mode'. It's just plain BAD FORM to do so anyway, and those who have done it should realize it is VERY POOR internet etiquitte.

Therefore I support the move Theo has made here. It is to protect his hard earned international status as a viable source of information to the MEL family, and to also protect all of those people who have volunteered their tips, experience, love for the MEL series, and time, to keep it from being pirated to another forum. Sadly this sort of thing should not be necessary but "bad form" does exist out there in the world of anonymous posting, and this action is not only appropriate, it is needed in the event this valuable database is being compromised.

Theo, I don't know of anywhere else I would go to get good info on the MEL series. The experience I've seen here is awesome, and the people you have attracted here are classy and I like the tone. Good job, keep up the good work !! The world is a better place for people like you, who spend your time and money trying to share info with anyone who may need or want it.

Cheers from Nashville, Tennessee, Music City, USA.

Regards,

Paul

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Redirecting to other boards

Post by Theo » Sun 14. Jun 2009, 03:04

Thank you Sir, for the good words and for your comment. It is much appreciated.
As for my work I have to say that it's not that hard and that I'm doing it with pleasure.
I wasn't aware that you were involved in combat missions lately. It looks like you got your vessel through w/o too many casualties.
The ol' Truman is about ten years old now. Her onboard defense is very weak compared to the latest developements in onboard technologies and especially in intelligence capabilities. You and your men could possibly benefit from a move. Let me know if I can be of assistance once you feel that it's time for a change..

Despite the frequent onslaught of communist forces from China, Russia and various other spam bot alliances, this area of the MEL world has been very constructive and peacefull.
Special thanks to the cyber airmen at the 36th Communications Squadron, our servicemen at the Columbus HQ and to all the MEL engineers of the civilian batallion here at "ford-mel-engine.com" base.
Unlike the latest incidents at sea, the problems that take place here are of more subtile character and are solely to blame on the administration for not having made clear nor implementing a regulation concerning bilateral exchange of MEL realted engine information and publication.
Off course the administration can't and doesn't want to claim possession for all the MEL expert's knowledge in the word nor does it want to keep all the MEL experts away from the rest of the world. No question. But at least it can proclaim some statutory order on hazardous incidents that threaten the normal operation or the existence of this base.

In real life Gozillions of Dollars are wasted and thousands of jobs are lost from industry espionage and from corrupt managers that, for the sake of their own personal profit , don't take the right precautiions at the right time.

Here at "ford-mel-engine.com" base things work out very pleasant and smooth. The moral is high and the communication is highly civilized. Each single man in the troop has proven to be very supportive and reliable. The occasional redirecting of participants to other boards has most likely not been done with the purpose to weaken this base. It was done airy.

The latest regulation has not been addressing participants in particular but to mainly boost an awareness raising to this sort of problem. I'm positive that things will even out smoothly and that despite of the latest regulation the forum work within this base will stay pleasant and hopefully of more importance to each participant than any regulation of whatever quality.

Thank you for your support Paul. Whish you all a happy week end lots of fun using this forum.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Redirecting to other boards

Post by Theo » Sun 14. Jun 2009, 03:09

BTW Paul, there is an old Message of mine in your PM Box.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”