For Posting Photos, Please use the Inboard Upload Function

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

For Posting Photos, Please use the Inboard Upload Function

Post by Theo » Fri 23. Oct 2009, 09:32

Hi everybody.
since this forum and its' topics is created to last, I decided to announce a change regarding the posting of photos. From now on you can post photos only by uploading them from your hard drive. Posting photos per external links isn't possible any more.
The main reason is to protect posted photos from being removed or deleted from their original external source and to safely secure them within their post.
That translates into: No more broken links and no more lost photos. It will also be more convenient for the poster who in most instances is the owner of the external photo album. Now he can delete or rearrange his on-line album and photos without having to be afraid braking the photo links of his posts.
It will also encourage all those who give their pride and effort to contribute to this forum, rewarding them with a secure long term data base, such as a private log can be. Their topics, comments and whatever contribution to posted photos will always refer to attendant photos instead referring to broken links. This way posts will never become orphaned.

An other reason for the switch is, that most photos were displayed cut off due to a too large size in dimension. I've spent hours with editing those posts and there are still hundreds to correct I guess.

But that's history. Now you don't even have to bother with resizing as long as they are within the max. limit of 1100 px X 1100px. Your photos will always be displayed right no matter how large they are. They will always automatically display as large thumbnails. They can be clicked to enlarge for an even bigger view. However, to help the load on this forum and for a generally faster performance, please downsize your photos for web use with a photo editor. In Photoshop it is the "save for web" function and with other photo editors it should say s.th. similar.

The board's upload function is super convenient and should be easy to understand and easy to use by everyone.
Uploading photos from your hard drive is very simple and straight forward. Here's a step by step guide that should explain it the easy way. However if you have a problem of some sort, just shoot me a line and I'll be happy to guide you through the process.

First choose the tab "upload attachments".
Bild 10.jpg
Then click "Auswählen", which is the German term for "choose". Choose the photo you want to upload and hit the "Add the file" button
Bild 13.jpg
here's a close up of the "Add the file" button
Bild 9.jpg
After the upload the page will reload and list your photo. In the final step set your cursor where you want the photo to be displayed within your text passage and klick the "Place inline" button. If you choose not to post your files inline, the photos will be all line up AFTER the text passage.
Check out the preview if needed or press submit.
It reads long but it's a snap. Good luck

Bild 11.jpg
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Posting Your Photos. The Recommended Way.

Post by Theo » Fri 23. Oct 2009, 10:15

If you're a Mac User,downloading photos or "saving photos as" is very easy. Simply drag photos as you see them on the web and drop them to your hard disc wherever you wish.
screendrop.jpg
Best regards
Theo
Admin

Return to “Important Announcements and How to Use this Forum”