tri-power

Discuss everything about the Tripower induction.
buddy67lincoln
Senior Airman
Senior Airman
Music instruments you're playing: The Kazoo

Re: tri-power

Post by buddy67lincoln » Mon 14. Jun 2010, 06:49

I don't know that anyone can afford it! Very nice. Looks like you need 2 more carb pads. Have John Bunetic build you linkages.
John Lyman
1964 Continental Convertible (actually working on this one!)
1967 Continental Coupe (bucket of rust)
1966 Continental Coupe (mild custom some day???)
1967 Continental 4 door (30,000 miles, part car)
1967 Continental 4 door (scrapped)

64Lincoln
Airman basic

Post by 64Lincoln » Tue 15. Jun 2010, 06:29

Buddy do you have contact information for the linkage? I posted photos of my car on the Lincoln Forum. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Jay
Attachments
IMG_43822[2].jpg

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Theo » Tue 15. Jun 2010, 06:37

Those rims are not my thing, but the rest looks great. Looks almost identically to my T-Bird's maroon paint. Very nice.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

buddy67lincoln
Senior Airman
Senior Airman

Post by buddy67lincoln » Tue 15. Jun 2010, 08:01

64Lincoln wrote:Buddy do you have contact information for the linkage? I posted photos of my car on the Lincoln Forum. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Jay
Joe Bunetic, 65 Concord Drive, Fair View Heights, Illinois 62206 618 397-3580 Contact Joe for availability and pricing. Not on the internet.......Please give me a call days or evenings

This info is from the Ford 6V carburetion site. The Lincoln looks great. Big wheels are nice when they are simple and classy like the car itself. I do not like the bling bling flashy rims so good job! The more smooth chrome surfaces the marrier! Good luck

Did you buy the finned valve covers? That would be a nice touch!
John Lyman

64Lincoln
Airman basic

Post by 64Lincoln » Tue 15. Jun 2010, 18:18

Thanks for the comments and information. I went with Super Marauder valve covers, I almost order the Moon covers just because. I am going to have the inside of the fins painted the same colour as the car. Now to get the intake done, shipped back to me and see if it will actually fit, I don't have the heart to modify the hood. Fingers crossed.

buddy67lincoln
Senior Airman
Senior Airman

Post by buddy67lincoln » Wed 16. Jun 2010, 09:20

64Lincoln wrote:Thanks for the comments and information. I went with Super Marauder valve covers, I almost order the Moon covers just because. I am going to have the inside of the fins painted the same colour as the car. Now to get the intake done, shipped back to me and see if it will actually fit, I don't have the heart to modify the hood. Fingers crossed.
You can do the match yourself. Place a strong board that will not sag much from the cowl to the center of the front header panel (behind the hood ornament) and that should be your hood line. Measure how thick the inner hood panel is approx and drop that from the hoodline...Measure the height with air cleaner from the carb base height or anything for that matter that is located near the intake and carbs (e.g. I used the intake port since they are the same on the regular intake and the SM intake) and measure up to the top of air cleaner. I did this before I bought my intake and it worked. I can still close the hood with the air cleaner on. You used the lowest profile carbs out there but I do believe the 65 and earlier had a lower hood line than the 66 and up but who knows. I would use a 2" air cleaner so it gets enough air. Good luck. It will be very tight if it does fit! There are some mods to the hood you can do without ruining the 'lines' on that nice hood! If you need a visual let me know but I am thinking of putting an air scoop like the '53 Packard Caribbeans had.
John Lyman

64Lincoln
Airman basic

Post by 64Lincoln » Wed 16. Jun 2010, 12:39

Photos of the install to follow. I just hope I get the intake back this month. I should have mocked the set up first but to be honest I didn't think I would find a SM intake. This entire build has been about putting the cart befroe the horse. I was thinking that I could possibly have the intake milled if it's really close.

buddy67lincoln
Senior Airman
Senior Airman

Post by buddy67lincoln » Wed 16. Jun 2010, 15:32

64Lincoln wrote:Photos of the install to follow. I just hope I get the intake back this month. I should have mocked the set up first but to be honest I didn't think I would find a SM intake. This entire build has been about putting the cart befroe the horse. I was thinking that I could possibly have the intake milled if it's really close.
Mill a hood instead! Keep the intake!
John Lyman

Treinarts
Airman First Class
Airman First Class
Music instruments you're playing: none

Post by Treinarts » Tue 3. Aug 2010, 09:11

Was at a swap meet in Sacramento on Sunday. I found a six duce manifold that was polished and a tri power manifold.
I bought the six duce and have the phone number for guy with the tri power set up. Be happy to forward it. TJR

buddy67lincoln
Senior Airman
Senior Airman

Post by buddy67lincoln » Tue 3. Aug 2010, 09:50

Treinarts wrote:Was at a swap meet in Sacramento on Sunday. I found a six duce manifold that was polished and a tri power manifold.
I bought the six duce and have the phone number for guy with the tri power set up. Be happy to forward it. TJR
What did he want for the tri power?

What are going to do with the 6 deuces!? I'd love to see it when its done.
John Lyman

Return to “The MEL Engine Tripower Heaven”