TRI POWER AIR CLEANER

Discuss everything about the Tripower induction.
LILABE2
Airman basic

TRI POWER AIR CLEANER

Post by LILABE2 » Fri 6. Jun 2014, 14:18

STOPPED BY A LOCAL CAR HOARDER'S PLACE WAS TOLD HE HAD A 430 TRI-POWERED BOAT. IT HAS THE CORRECT CARBS [VACUUM PODS ON SEC] AND INTAKE BUT THE A/C IS UNUSUAL IT'S ALMOST THE SAME SHAPE AS THE SUPER MAURADER- THE BACK HAS TWO SLIGHT DEPRESSIONS AND THE TOP HAS NO LETTERING ONLY CENTER FINS. HAS THE SAME SIDE AIR INTAKE HOLE AS THE MERC. DEFINITELY APPEARS FACTORY WHAT COULD THIS BE FOR. MAYBE A LINCOLN OR T-BIRD WILL TAKE SOME PICTS NEXT TIME BY AND OF COURSE ITS NOT FOR SALE "I GONNA USE TH MOTOR IN MY COUPE" THE BOATS BEEN THERE 15 YRS OR MORE WITH THE VALVE COVERS OFF-ROCKER ARMS RUSTED- ALONG WITH MANY OTHER STARTED PROJECTS. THE GUYS HAS ABOUT 60 CARS, 30 STARTED PROJECT CARS ONLY 4 RUN MAYBE HE PLANNING ON LIVING TO BE 300 YRS OLD TO FINISH UP PROJECTS DON'T KNOW

Treinarts
Airman First Class
Airman First Class
Music instruments you're playing: none

Re: TRI POWER AIR CLEANER

Post by Treinarts » Tue 10. Jun 2014, 09:51

So I gotta ask..........where is this boat? I saw an old flatbottm many years ago near Napa Ca kind of like you describe. Guy would swap from tri power to 8 duces to a stock four barrel setup. Gold or Mustard colored. Pretty sure he blew up the engine. Boat sat tied to a dock for a few years and guy would not sell a piece of it. Then the boat vanished. He had a Maruader air cleaner set up on the tri power and polished aluminum valve covers. TJR

LILABE2
Airman basic

Re: TRI POWER AIR CLEANER

Post by LILABE2 » Wed 11. Jun 2014, 14:33

boat in antelope valley CA a/c is not a 58 maurader it doesn't read" super maurader " and 400 HP on the rear there is no numbers or letters on a/c top but it has center fins don't know much about boats yrs makes etc

Return to “The MEL Engine Tripower Heaven”