1958 Edsel Pacer Engine shots.

M-E-L Engine powered Mercury Car General Discussion
Shelby#18
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Music instruments you're playing: none

1958 Edsel Pacer Engine shots.

Post by Shelby#18 » Wed 10. Feb 2010, 21:14

These again were submitted by sidesho_bob1961. Photo's were recovered from the Ford Archives.
1958PAC2.jpg
1958PAC1.jpg

sidesho_bob1961
Airman
Airman

Re: 1958 Edsel Pacer Engine shots.

Post by sidesho_bob1961 » Thu 12. Aug 2010, 10:36

Notice in the first picture that the exhaust manifolds are engine color!!! Hence they were installed prior to the engine being painted. Although this is a "FE" engine in a junior series Edsel (Ranger/Pacer) is seems to be the norm on most FOMOCO engines (not including the Y-Blocks) if there were no heat shields installed between the exhaust manifolds and the heads.

a58pacer
Airman
Airman
Music instruments you're playing: Piano

Re: 1958 Edsel Pacer Engine shots.

Post by a58pacer » Tue 15. Nov 2011, 13:11

These are scans of photocopies I made at a public library. Anybody can access them for a $10 out-of-state user's fee for the day. I recognize them by the vertical stripe which was a flaw in the machine I was using that day. I scanned them and e-mailed them to Bob.

The views are two of many photos taken at the Chrysler Corp. Proving Grounds in early September, 1957. Other pictures in this series include interior details of the same Pacer four-door sedan, a few of the car's exterior from various angles (some with Chrysler employees standing around looking) and at least one trunk detail shot showing an original B.F.Goodrich spare tire and *no* jacking instructions! The four tires on the ground were Firestones.

Still looking for that 1957-60 Lincoln seat belt, if anybody can help. ;)

gauss
FordMELEngine @ edsel.us (leave out the blanks)

Return to “MEL Cars General Discussion”