edc 9425 a 410 e475 manifold

M-E-L Engine powered Mercury Car General Discussion
1958 Edselynn
Airman basic
Music instruments you're playing: piano

edc 9425 a 410 e475 manifold

Post by 1958 Edselynn » Tue 14. Feb 2012, 23:15

All info points to this being the correct manifold for my 58 Corsair- (e-475) but I swear that C looks like a G,
and hmmm- but anyway- has anyone replaced this manifold in the past?? What MAnifolds fit- as this one is an impossible find??
Were there aftermarkets??
Same manifold diff car??
Because these cars are Y Blocks- does that increase the difficulty of a different one??
Any thoughts fellas?

BTW I did get the care running (engine anyway) and I have what appears to be water leaking out of the lower front half of this manifold and running down the valley pan to tranny area.. Its very difficult to see exactly where- the little bypass hose kind of shields view, so before I get carried away and pull it out- I'll keep trying to find the leak but I wanted to have an option if in fact its the manifold and I have to pull it....

I tried the tranny buttons (teletouch)for a second or two- nothing happened- i didnt even hear a relay click- so I wonder what kinda nightmare that will be!! But im doing the engine first... I do have an extra servo motor from my back up car...

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: edc 9425 a 410 e475 manifold

Post by Theo » Thu 16. Feb 2012, 02:31

Hope thew manifold bolt didn't hit or simply runs into the engine block's water jacket. Not too dramatic, but you need to seal it somehow on the long run.
Best regards
Theo
Admin

keithol
Airman
Airman
Music instruments you're playing: I wish I could play guitar

Re: edc 9425 a 410 e475 manifold

Post by keithol » Sun 19. Feb 2012, 19:21

The manifold may actually be marked EDG ,which would be a 383 designation of the same exact manifold . They may have came that way from the factory. As far as the leak goes, on the lower side of the intake manifold there are expansion plugs that rust out and start leaking . You will have to pull the manifold to replace them . Mel engines do not have exhaust crossover passages through the intake manifold so instead use coolant passages to help vaporize the fuel ,that is the reason for the plugs, they were used for the casting process .

Return to “MEL Cars General Discussion”